In the past two years, the “new normal” of both the individual and companies has changed drastically. For many companies this has meant changes in their work procedures to work from home, and/or reduced the work load across their business. In the property management sector the emphasis has been on finding innovative solutions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in the residential areas, including increasing staff productivity and availability to support in the daily situations that occur due to this pandemic.
The learning curve of COVID-19 has been fast and ever-changing. With the heavy responsibility of the health and safety of each of our co-owners and buildings, PPM Management has taken the firm and proactive approach in the management of this pandemic on each site.
While it’s impossible to completely eradicate the risk of the spread in a large condominium, our efforts focus implement strict cleaning schedules for all common areas to support and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Deep clean of the insides of the lifts every ½ hour
- Cleaning the lift buttons on each floor every 1-2 hours
- Wipe down and clean of all lobbies, and contact areas every ½ hour
- Parcels are sprayed and separated prior to delivery; we try to implement contactless delivery as much as possible through the use of applications such as Urbanice for parcel management
This is a key factor in the reduction of the spread of COVID-19. It is our business promise to always provide transparency and share information with our co-owners, committees and employees as much as we can.
- Keep each committee and JPM updated with reports and progress in each situation
- We announce each case when arises to the co-owners.
- Search CCTV footage to find the most accurate information for the timeline of the patient
- Directly call to inform all co-owners who may have been in contact in each case
COVID-19 has required us all to really “think outside the box” and find solutions for everyday problems to support and ensure the safekeeping of the co-owners and residents in each building. With our teams at head office and on-sites who show strength, creativity to find innovative solutions and care for each of our clients, we know that we can get through this difficult time together.